Saturday, July 9, 2011

Thieving Monkeys

I am going to go CRAZY!

Somehow my girls think it is perfectly acceptable to not only swipe whatever thing they find to their fancy, but bring it to bed with them as well.
On a regular basis we have to dump the contents of Lacie's pillowcase when the bulging lumps look a little too suspicious. We find such things as dolls, books, clothes, the soap dish, dvd cases, toast from breakfast, pens and pencils, and any toy she is currently hiding from her siblings.
Yesterday I showed up to a bridal shower a day early since the girls had stolen the invitation because of the pretty paper.
Tonight I removed from Andrea's bed the ottoman to my rocker and a piece of luggage - the size suitcase you carry-on on a plane.
I mean, really?!
Not to mention all the times they've swiped our keys, my purse, Jacob's blankets, the broom, my jewelry, the potato peeler, family calendar, Mark's hair brush, sheet music, fingernail polish, toothpicks, any sort of toy, and pretty much any other random thing you would not expect.

Seriously, what do I do with that?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, at least you know where to look for missing items! Jack pot! ;)

Heather said...

Ack! Esther does that, too! Just yesterday I discovered my bracelet in the kids' laundry basket-fortunately before I dumped the clothes in the wash. Unfortunately, I didn't catch the bottle of oil for the electric razor that got tossed in there. Somehow it stayed closed through the washing cycle.

She takes things from my bulletin board and sticks them on hers, craft projects I'm part way through end up under her bed, my books go onto her shelf, etc.

Nathan just puts his stuff all over the house-cars under the couch pillows, toys in the pantry or under any and all beds, in the book baskets, and anywhere but where they are supposed to go.

Kids!