Saturday, February 21, 2009

Schooled by Andrea

1. I had just bought Andrea a box of Valentines chocolates.
I asked her, "Can I have one?"
Andrea replied smugly, "Yes, you may have one."

2. I am frequently (haha, ok, more like 24/7) bombarded with requests from my children to get/do/help something or other while my hands are already employed doing something else -- usually feeding the baby. After saying, "Just a minute," about 3 billion times, I now try to use my mom's method. I try to put their reason to work as to why their request is impossible by asking a series of questions -- Do you see my hands? What are they doing? How many hands do I have? Can I do more than one thing at a time? etc, etc.
So I wasn't sure what to say to my sassy-mouthed 4 yr old when I asked her to throw away some garbage and she asked,
"Mom, can you see what my hands are doing? How many hands do I have?"

3 comments:

Sally said...

HA!! Love it :D

Molly said...

Can you see that wooden spoon in the kitchen?

Jen said...

What a funny girl!